There’s only one kind of deviled egg recipe in the world that I’ll eat, and it’s this one. I grew up on these deviled eggs, first from my grandma, then my mother. Now I’m sharing the recipe because there are entirely too many deviled eggs recipes on the internets that don’t have bacon!
I will be honest and say that I’m a little reluctant to share the pictures. I think deviled eggs don’t make for the most photogenic of foods…
These eggs are perfect for picnics, family gatherings, and cookouts. This recipe is for a lot (48!), so adjust proportions as necessary.
- Two dozen eggs
- 1 pound of bacon
- Yellow Mustard
- Miracle Whip
1. Boil all of your eggs. Peel them, and slice them in half longways.
2. Cook the bacon. Straight pieces don’t matter, and it’s better to have the bacon well done.
3. Remove all of the yolks and place them in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up the yolks into little pieces.
4. Add mustard and miracle whip. I started out using about 1/2 cup of the miracle whip and 1/4 cup of the mustard. After mixing that in and tasting, I increased both. The final measurements are probably close to 1/3 cup of mustard and 2/3 cup of miracle whip.
5. Crumble bacon and add to the egg mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon the egg yolk mixture back into your eggs.
Easy, tasty, mmm…bacon!