Butterscotch Bird’s Nest No-Bake Cookies
When I was a kid, I used to love the Butterscotch Haystacks. This recipe modifies the traditional haystack recipe by shaping it like a bird’s nest and adding eggs to create a really cute (and tasty) spring dessert recipe. (I was totally inspired by the No Bake Easter Nest Cookie Recipe at Prudent Baby.)The other best thing is that it’s super easy to make.
1) Assemble ingredients: Two, 5-oz. cans of Chow Mein Noodle, Peanut Butter, an 11-oz. Bag of Butterscotch Chips, and a Bag of Peanut M&M’s.
2) Sort the peanut M&M’s by color. (So pretty).
3. Combine Ingredients. Melt 3/4 cup of peanut butter and the butterscotch chips in a pan over medium heat. Stir regularly; you don’t want this to burn! Then add in the chow mein noodles, & take the pan off the heat. Stir in the chow mein noodles until they’re evenly coated with the butterscotch.
4. Spoon the noodles into “nest-sized” blobs on parchment paper. Add three M&M’s in an egg formation.
5. Allow cookies to cool on the counter; for good measure, I also chilled them in the fridge.
1 thought on “Butterscotch Bird’s Nest No-Bake Cookies”
These were awesome! So good.