Amazing Lower-Carb Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup (with Shirataki Noodles)
When it’s cold, we always make more soup, and one of our favorites is Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup. By substituting Shirataki Angel Hair Noodles for the real thing, we enjoy a more low-carb version of our favorite cold day treat.
- 48 oz Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3/8 cup (6 tbsp.) Brown Sugar
- Sriracha – We use 2 tbsp., but I recommend starting at 1 and seasoning up based on how you like it.
- 1 Medium Lime – the juice & the zest
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 2, 7 oz. packages of Shirataki Angel Hair Noodles, rinsed in cold water and drained (We use these from Amazon, because I subscribe to them!)
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms (Any kind will do, I used Portobello in the picture, because that’s what we had in the fridge. Shiitake might be the best choice for this asian-inspired dish.)
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes (I usually quarter these.)
- Fresh Cilantro (2-3 tbsp.)
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha, lime juice, lime zest, and bring to a boil.
- Toss chicken strips in corn starch
- When broth mixture boils, add chicken, mushrooms, and Shirataki noodles.
- Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Let the soup cool 2-3 minutes before serving